Vermont Workers Comp Insurance
With limited exceptions, every employer in Vermont with one or more employee(s) is required by law to have a valid workers' compensation policy at all times. This "no fault" insurance not only provides injured workers with medical care and partial wage replacement, but also protects the policyholders from potentially damaging lawsuits. Although most companies in VT purchase a traditional commercial insurance policy, there are alternative methods of coverage which include licensing as a self insurer, gaining membership in a self insurance group, or obtaining coverage in the Assigned Risk Pool.
VT Workers Comp Insurance Specific Regulations
- Having any employees working in Vermont, must be covered regardless of full or part time work.
- Independent contractors are not included in another employer’s coverage
- In Vermont, companies have a private insurance market, but have access to a assigned risk pool, should a company struggle to secure coverage
- Sole proprietors are excluded from coverage, but reserve the option to include themselves
- Corporate officers are included in coverage, but have the option to exclude themselves
VT Workmans Comp Quote Checklist
You'll Need This Information On Hand to Get a Workmans Comp Quote
Your Name and Contact Information
Number of Locations
Number of Employees by Location
Annual Payroll by Location
Type of Business Entity
(partnership, LLC, corporation, etc.)