Tennessee Workers Comp Insurance
With limited exceptions, every employer in Tennessee with one or more employee(s) is required by law to have a valid workers' compensation policy at all times. This "no fault" insurance not only provides injured workers with medical care and partial wage replacement, but also protects the policyholders from potentially damaging lawsuits. Although most companies in TN purchase a traditional commercial insurance policy, there are alternative methods of coverage which include licensing as a self insurer, gaining membership in a self insurance group, or obtaining coverage in the Assigned Risk Pool.
TN Workers Comp Insurance Specific Regulations
- Businesses that have five or more employees working in Tennessee must have insurance
- In Tennessee construction companies and with one or more employees must have coverage
- Tennessee offers a private insurance market while also offering an assigned risk pool for those struggling to secure coverage
- In Tennessee sole proprietors partners and members of LLCs are excluded from coverage, but have the option to opt in.
- Corporate officers in Tennessee includes you in coverage, but you have the opportunity to opt out
TN Workmans Comp Quote Checklist
You'll Need This Information On Hand to Get a Workmans Comp Quote
Your Name and Contact Information
Number of Locations
Number of Employees by Location
Annual Payroll by Location
Type of Business Entity
(partnership, LLC, corporation, etc.)